Chrome Plating Salt Recovery
Recovering Purified Chromic Acid — Saving Time, Money, and Materials
In decorative chrome plating, only about 5% of chromic acid purchased actually gets plated; the balance is lost to rinses and fume scrubbers. With the cost of chromic acid and its related waste treatment expenses, it’s no wonder that recovery is so popular.
However, simple recovery schemes often lead to poor rinsing and plating problems. When proper techniques are used, quality can actually improve while you save money.
Eco-Tec Chromic Acid Recovery Systems:
- Recycle high purity water for quality, stain-free rinsing
- Recover purified chromic acid that’s ready to use
- Reduced chemical purchases – Recovers over 99% of a ll chromic acid dragged into the rinses.
- Contaminant removal – Contaminants are separated from recovered chemicals ensuring that your plating process won’t be negatively affected.
- High quality rinsing – Deionized water is always used for rinsing with Eco-Tec systems, preventing tap water contaminants from being recovered with, or carried into, the plating solutions.
- Reduced waste treatment – By recovering over 99% of chromic acid, treatment costs are dramatically lowered. Only contaminants, some excess regenerant and residual amounts of chromic acid need to be treated.
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process and unique integrated cation exchange/resin sorption (DPU) process for the greatest acid savings and minimal waste.
- Factory assembled modules and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation.
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility.
- Complete system design – Eco-Tec systems are highly automated and can often be used to service multiple lines
- Technical service – Eco-Tec provides start-up supervision, customer training, and access to the ECO-SERV program that insludes performance montioring and 24 hour telephone service.
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more info or for a quote that meets your requirements