ClO2 Generator Acid Recycling
Efficiently Removing Contamination from Kraft Process Liquors
With the Generator Acid Purification (GAP™ System)
Throughout the Pulp & Paper industry, chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is used in the pulp-bleaching process. ClO2 generators chemically convert sodium chlorate to chlorine dioxide and sodium sulfate in a strong solution of sulfuric acid. The acid is continuously purged from the generator in order to prevent the accumulation of sodium sulfate. Separation of ClO2 generator’s waste streams allows for the recycling of the sulfuric acid. Without splitting the streams, the effluent has a very high acid content which consumes alkalinity in the Kraft liquor.
In order to counter the acid level, large quantities of caustic soda is consumed. The Eco-Tec GAP™ System is designed to separate the sulfuric acid from the sodium sulfate by employing the use of the Eco-Tec APU® System – known worldwide as the standard for separating salts from mineral acids in metal processing industries. The resin used in the APU® system absorbs the acid while allowing the salt solution to pass through.
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more info or for a quote that meets your requirements
- Greater Efficiency – High efficiency of separation/removal, very low salt cake loss
- Lower Costs – Reduced operating and installation costs, reduced shipping costs
- Smaller Footprint – Recoflo ion-exchange demineralizers only 6” in height
- Easy Installation – Pre-assembled, skid-mounted, standard Eco-Tec materials/instructions
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process.
- Factory assembled modules and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation.
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility.
- Complete system design – Eco-Tec systems are highly automated and can often be used to service multiple lines
- Technical service – Eco-Tec provides start-up supervision, customer training, and access to the ECO-SERV program that insludes performance montioring and 24 hour telephone service.
The GAP™ System is jointly developed and distributed through worldwide engineering and equipment supplier NORAM Engineers & Constructors Ltd.