Simple, Highly Efficient Hardness Separation from Brine
Using Only Water for Regeneration
Eco-Tec’s Brine Dehardener (BDH) is a Recoflo ion exchanger (fine mesh resin, compact, packed resin bed) using a proprietary resin that can separate hardness salts (CaCl2, MgCl2) from brine (NaCl) using only water for regeneration. It allows waste brines to be treated and reused to minimize salt consumption and brine waste.
Unlike conventional ion exchange resins, which are either cation or anion exchangers, these resins are amphoteric. Each resin bead has both cation and anion exchange groups. After the resin becomes loaded, the calcium and magnesium are regenerated from the resin with softened water. No additional chemicals are required. The process can be used at brine concentrations from about 5% w/w to saturation, containing hardness levels from a few mg/L to several thousand mg/L.
Eco-Tec has supplied hundreds of “water regenerated” resin systems for acid-salt APU separation (Acid Purification) and salt-salt (SSU) separation.
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more info or for a quote that meets your requirements
- Smaller Footprint – Significantly less floor and head space
- Easy Installation – Pre-assembled, skid-mounted, standard Eco-Tec materials/instructions
- Extremely Simple – Utilizes a novel ion exchange resin which is regenerated with merely water
- Eliminates use of acid and caustic – By utilizing large dosages of high purity brine, even for regeneration of WAC resins
- Proven Design – The same equipment design as the world-leading APU (Acid Purification Unit) systems, installed in close to 400 operations around the globe.
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process.
- Factory assembled modules and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation.
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility.
- Complete system design – Eco-Tec systems are highly automated and can often be used to service multiple lines
- Technical service – Eco-Tec provides start-up supervision, customer training, and access to the ECO-SERV program that insludes performance montioring and 24 hour telephone service.