For Flue Gas Carbon Capture
Proven Heat Stable Salts Removal Technology
The use of amine solvents is emerging as the leading technology being considered for capture of CO2 from flue gas generated in coal-fired power stations, as part of a Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) solution to global warming. Amine solvent technology has been widely used for many years to capture CO2 and H2S in oil refineries and gas processing plants in order to meet fuel quality standards. Operating experience with such amine circuits has shown that a class of contaminants are formed known as Heat Stable Salts (HSS). Increased concentrations of HSS result in costly operational problems such as corrosion of process equipment, reduced amine absorber performance, and reduction in available amine capacity.
These problems, however, are eliminated or greatly minimized with Eco-Tec’s AmiPur®-CCS, which purifies the amine solvent to remove HSS contamination. AmiPur®-CCS is a version of Eco-Tec’s successful AmiPur® designed specifically for the requirements of amine purification in circuits designed for CO2 capture in the flue gases. The AmiPur®-CCS is a compact, automated, skid-mounted equipment package which is integrated into the amine circuit. It operates continuously treating a slipstream after the lean amine cooler and filter in order to remove HSS from the circuit at a sufficient rate to offset the incursion rate (build-up) of HSS. This keeps HSS at a constant low level.
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more info or for a quote that meets your requirements
- Lower Costs – Reduced Amine Filtration Costs
- Greater Performance – Improved Absorber Economy and Performance
- Greater Efficiency – Low HSS level at all times, reduced corrosion of process equipment
- Flexibility – Versatility of location, small space requirement
- Easy Installation – Pre-assembled, pre-programmed, skid-mounted, fully automated
– Continuous removal of contaminants from amine solutions
– Very first AmiPur continues to perform after 14 years of service
– AmiPur-PLUS Technology Making New Strides Worldwide
– Indonesian Gas Processor to Reduce Impurities with AmiPur
– Russian Oil Refinery to Integrate Amine Purification