For Aluminum Brightening
Phosphoric Acid Recovery and Recycle – Economically
Eco-Tec offers a system for the purification, recovery, and recycle of phosphoric acid mixtures used for brightening of aluminum in the production of such products as automotive and appliance trim, lighting fixtures, bath and shower enclosures, and others.
In North America, the majority of phosphoric acid used in the brightening of aluminum is purified, recovered, and recycled within the processing facility. Eco-Tec has supplied every phosphoric acid recovery system in operation to-date.
How it Works
The Eco-Tec Phosphoric Acid Recovery System consists of two process equipment packages that are integrated into a fully automated system.
Phosphoric acid rinse water (typically 20-35% phosphoric acid) is directed to the first equipment package which is a factory assembled, skid-mounted unit featuring two resin beds piping, valves and controls. This unit (DPU) combines a cation exchanger with a water elutable resin bed to economically remove dissolved aluminum from the rinse water. The DPU uses only about 15% of the sulphuric acid for its regeneration compared with a conventional cation exchanger.
The purified rinse water is then concentrated in a specially designed vacuum evaporator to concentrate the phosphoric acid to 85% for reuse in the brightening bath.
- > 85% reduction in phosphoric acid purchases in most cases
- Significant reduction in waste sludge disposal compared with waste treatment of used phosphoric acid
- Production of a potential saleable aluminum salt byproduct
- A range of standard systems to provide the most economical package for large capacity aluminum brightening facilities
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process and unique integrated cation exchange/resin sorption (DPU) process for the greatest acid savings and minimal waste
- Uses an specially designed vacuum evaporator for concentrating acid for easy recycle
- Factory assembled modules and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more information or for a quote that meets your requirements