For Aluminum Etching or Graining
Consistently Maintain Etch/Graining Bath Purity – Economically
Eco-Tec has a range of products that have been developed specifically for treating acid baths used in the production of elctrochemically etched aluminum capacitor foils and electrochemically grained aluminum lithographic printing plates.
Leading manufacturers of capacitor foils and lithographic printing plates rely on Eco-Tec systems to maintain production quality and efficiency while reducing chemical purchases and waste treatment costs.
Eco-Tec Acid Purification Systems are used to continuously remove dissolved aluminum from acids to keep the aluminum at a consistently low concentration. Systems have been used for purification of the following acids and mixtures.
Want a Quote?
Contact Eco-Tec for more information or for a quote that meets your requirements
- Lower Costs – Reduces acid and waste neutralization costs
- Less Waste – Reduction in waste sludges, waste salt concentration (lower nitrate, phosphate)
- Greater Return – Recovered waste aluminum converted to potential by-product of commercial value
- Greater Performance – Consistent chemistry composition for consistent quality
- Easy Installation – Pre-assembled, pre-programmed, skid-mounted, pre-tested
- A range of compact, standard models to provide the most economical package for any aluminum processing facility
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process and unique integrated cation exchange/resin sorption (DPU) process for the greatest acid savings and minimal waste
- Complete factory assembly and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility
How it Works
The Eco-Tec Acid Purification System is a factory assembled, skid-mounted equipment package featuring resin(s), piping, valves and controls. It is connected to the acid tank(s) and continuously operates to remove dissolved aluminum from the acid tank.
Depending on the acid composition and concentration, a variety of techniques are used.
In some cases, the Purification System uses a resin which is “regenerated” with water(APU). In other cases, the system consists of a cation exchanger (DCU) to remove the aluminum. Upon regeneration of the cation exchanger with acid, the aluminum is converted to another form of aluminum salt.
A further, commonly used configuration integrates a cation exchanger with a water elutable resin bed (DPU). This provides superior economy and the greatest acid savings.